jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think people are too attached to sports teams and players?

1. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

Do you think people are too attached to sports teams and players?

2. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 5 years ago

Yes I do. Don't get me wrong I am a sports fan but not a groupie or sports celebrity stalker like some of these people.

3. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Sports teams take over our lives in a way not dissimilar to family. If an individual chooses to allow a team to become a deep part of their life there's nothing wrong with that

Unless that passion goes too far and becomes an obsession. Many fans become so involved that reality becomes unreal. A case in point is the Manchester United fan who called the police after their recent Champions League exit to Real Madrid. He actually requested that the police arrest the referee. Sport can make some sore losers and some very bad winners!

4. mintinfo profile image76
    mintinfoposted 5 years ago

I dont think so. Sports provide a distraction from the seriousness of life. Governments know that and that is why they pore so much money into insuring that sport is an integral part of society. The more attached people are to sports it's the happier they are. I think it's a healthy preoccupation though indicative of your avatar, Matrix.

5. R Creighton G profile image60
    R Creighton Gposted 5 years ago

Absolutely.  Let's play the games ourselves rather than pay athletes millions of dollars to play them for us, and pass those savings on to our schools and educators.

6. slappywalker profile image99
    slappywalkerposted 5 years ago

I don't think so. Sports are just another form of entertainment, and people like to be entertained. I don't think they are really any different than people who get attached to movies, actors, music, and musicians. If it is what you are interested in,then you are going to form some sort of attachment to it.

Of course there are always going to be people that take it too far, but those sort of people are in society regardless of how much importance sports gets.

working