jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I have a question regarding my pregnant Border Collie's decreased appetite, in t

1. Dennismiles1 profile image56
    Dennismiles1posted 3 years ago

I have a question regarding my pregnant Border Collie's decreased appetite, in the third trimester.

My two & a half  year old maiden Border Collie is approx. 56 days pregnant. She has had less than her normal appetite for the last two weeks, & shows no increase at all in eating, no matter is fed.  I am very concerned about this, while her pups (7), should be gaining weight, & her appetite should be increasing, during this time, rather than decreasing. I have been unable to find anything at all  related to this issue.(Her vet is unconcerned, & stated, "the pups are about as big as they're going to get anyway", a week ago). I tried to ask "alexadry", unable to post.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

You better call the vet...another vet..  This does not sound right at all.

1. Dennismiles1 profile image56
      Dennismiles1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've only stayed with this vet because his is office is only a block away, (for speed with whelping problems), but his "common sense" has seemed really "off" re: pregnancy. (She was injured, last yr., & gained 15 lbs, but w/PG, still doesn't fly)

2. Lady Guinevere profile image61
      Lady Guinevereposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It would sound right if she was in a day or two of birthing, but not that early.

working