jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the 27 inch Apple iMac screen too big to sit close to? Especially for playin

1. dfelker profile image83
    dfelkerposted 7 years ago

Is the 27 inch Apple iMac screen too big to sit close to?  Especially for playing games?

Particularly for playing World of Warcraft a lot.  Does the big screen give you headaches, or cause motion sickness when too close?

2. katrinasui profile image37
    katrinasuiposted 7 years ago

I think you should not sit too close to the screen. Sit as far back from it as possible.

3. bpssi profile image51
    bpssiposted 7 years ago

Actually, the 27" iMac has a beautiful screen. I find it's kind of too large, though. I mean, honestly, 27" is a TON of real estate. And some games don't scale. StarCraft 2, for instance, shows you exactly as much on a 27" iMac as it would on a 13" laptop. WoW is OK on it, but again, there's actually too much area for your eyes to cover quickly. Sitting too far back from the screen kind of renders having a large display pointless, too. That's why people get various sized TVs: You get a larger TV if your couch is further back, and a smaller one if your couch is closer.

Some of the best deals on computers occur at refurbished laptop/computer sites (eg, http://www.cheetahdeals.com/Refurbished … s_s/25.htm) I know they're not as "sexy" as buying a new iMac, say. But there's nothing sexy about being broke, either!

4. RadAdMusic profile image63
    RadAdMusicposted 6 years ago

I would think it would be fine. I use a 24" LED screen for my XBOX360, I sit close to the screen and if it was 3" bigger that would be even better.

Go for the 27 incher!

working