Why don't my cats get along anymore?

1. MinishCat profile image58
    MinishCatposted 3 years ago

Why don't my cats get along anymore?

I got two female kittens (named Penny and Miracle)from a family friend about a year and 3 months ago. When we took the two darlings home, they got along just fine. They would cuddle at night and play during the day. As they grew up, they stopped cuddling so much and grew apart. Penny became for dominant and Miracle more shy and timid. Whenever Penny isn't around, Miracle becomes active, but as long as her sister is around, she doesn't. There isn't any fighting and they can sit next to each other, but no more cuddling. They both have separate food bowls and litter boxes. Please help my kitties!

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

just like siblings, they fight in their own ways or feel different, don't worry too much, let them stay in the same room with their toys, or play with them and see whether they can play together

3. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

I had the same thing with my cats.  They could cuddle together and Cassie would lick Calypso, but then again, they were not the best of friends. I think this is because in the cat hierarchy, there is an alpha female, or queen bee.  One of your cats established herself as the queen, and the other one submitted to her.  With me, Calypso would never permit Cassie to try and cuddle with me.  Calypso was the dominant one, and Cassie and I never formed the type of relationship that I had with Calypso.  Now Calypso has passed away, and Cassie is like a stranger.