jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Why does the owner of a cat circumcision it?

1. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Why does the owner of a cat circumcision it?

My neighbor kept a stray cat. She is a muslim. Why does she have to circumcision the cat ( male)? Is it compulsory?

After it was circumcised, the stray cat became plump and furry.

2. PriyanzA profile image60
    PriyanzAposted 2 years ago

Is that a circumcision or family planning?? Hearing circumcision on an animal for first time

peachpurpleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

no family planning, my Malay neighbor told me that cats had to be fixed.

2. PriyanzA profile image60
      PriyanzAposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Neutering is very common and healthy dear.. I got two of my dogs neutered. First thing is safety during mating season. The next is when there are so many stray cats and dogs , its ethical to stop new births

3. Ratner profile image60
    Ratnerposted 2 years ago

That's not circumcision, it's neutering. It means the cat's testicles were removed, not its foreskin. I have 3 cats and I had one of them neutered so he wouldn't wander off during mating season. It has nothing to do with religion

thanks, your detail explanation, So no sperm, right?

2. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it stops them from having sperm, reduces fighting, reduces urine marking, and makes them less likely to wander to find mates. It also sometimes makes them get plump and a little fluffier.

4. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

Both my cats have been "fixed" so there won't be any kittens. It's the humane thing to do, and as stated, it has nothing to do with religion.

thanks very much. So in other words, "Spayed" should be the word. That is good news

2. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If the woman isn't native-born American, I'll bet she got "circumcision" mixed up with "neutering". It would be a natural language mistake.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

peachy....male animals are "neutered."  Female animals are "spayed."  Both are done to prevent several things, but mainly reproduction. As MzB says, "It's the humane thing to do."

5. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

By the way...As long as the subject is cats.....PLEASE, please.....never have your kitty cat "De-clawed!!"   That is so so cruel, unnecessary and a simply horrible thing to do to a cat.  If you don't believe me....look it up, ask your Vet, check with cat experts, ask Jackson Galaxy...(My Cat From Hell)....Just PLEASE don't do it.
    Look at it in the same way that you would a human being having his finger nails removed!
    They do sell claw "protectors"...like little plastic caps that fit over your cat's claws. Keep you kitty's claws clipped, make sure they have a cat scratching post or something to claw at so they don't hurt your furniture.

Thank you...MeeeeeOW!

I never touch my old cat's claws, why would anyone want to do that? cats are supposed to scratch right?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

You would be shocked at the number of people who do this terrible thing to their kitties!   Yes, of course cats need to scratch.  Selfish lazy people do this to save their "furniture."....There are better ways to handle this w/o harming one's cat!

working