What to expect after surgery?

1. profile image59
    gordosmamaposted 16 months ago

What to expect after surgery?

Hello, my dog just recently had about 6+ bladder stones removed; one from the urethra, last Friday. We've noticed that hardly any urine comes out when he does try to urinate (except for the night time; he seems urinate more then) but otherwise he urinates just drops. He is also refusing to eat any food, does drink water but has been vomiting clear or yellow vomit.... my question is... is this normal after this type of surgery??

2. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 16 months ago

Nothing you describe is normal.
    Go to your phone, pick it up, and call the vet that did the surgery on your dog. Describe what you have written here.
    Without a physical exam and blood work to find out if he is having kidney problems, no one on the internet can tell you how bad your dogĀ“s situation is. You obviously care a lot about him as you went through that surgery. Get him some help now.

1. profile image59
      gordosmamaposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thank you!! I plan on calling the vet tomorrow early since they are closed on Sundays and this surgery really took me by surprise and of course I had to use a lot of my funds that I had available....

working