Dog Habits

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 13 years ago

What's the funniest habit or personality trait that your dog has?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He is quite cute when he's out on the chaise lounge by the pool.
      He sits in the sun and observes the back yard, keeping a close watch for the squirrels that run along the back fence or scampering in the trees.. sometimes I'll look out and notice he is keeping a watchful eye on the door.

1. profile image51
        Callvinposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

It is fun watching them discover a mirror for the first time. smile

1. profile image0
      Helpful Hannaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is pretty funny!

3. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Boo is currently experimenting with cause and effect. She's discovered that doors swing both ways.

As of the last few days she's started approaching the door (suspiciously) and nosing it gently to. She watches it swing, ears all perky.

She then slips through the gap and does it from the other side. Then she switches to nosing it a couple of times until it's shut - then has a think about how to open it again.

I have to say it's incredibly amusing watching her think it through. She even wags her tail when she figures out how to open it again. And yes - once she's comfortable with it I shall exploit her new found talent.

1. profile image0

That's awesome!

4. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I once had a dog that ate Root Beer Floats - sat right at the table and ate it out of a bowl! lol

Another dog I had attacked shadows on the wall & moving bicycle tires.

1. profile image0

Watching a dog attack shadows never gets old.

1. Rafini profile image81
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hehehe   especially when they're shadow puppets   big_smile

5. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

My dog is not quite as clever as Boo. The only really bizarre thing that she does is that as soon as I start singing "Eensy Weensy Spider" to my grandkids, she immediately goes belly up and wags her tail. No response to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" or any of the Yo Gabba Gabba songs (their favs) -- just Eensy Weensy. I can't even begin to imagine what that's about. smile

1. profile image0

That is bizarre, but entertaining. smile

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

My Neighbor is certainly as clever as Boo... But of course one would expect that from a person.
    But what you don't expect is how she greets her guests... Other than a very short person on the lower step of an escalator... I have Never Seen a person greeting their friends by sniffing their bums! yikes
    So Gross.... But you can tell she enjoys it...
    Her tail wags vigorously big_smile

1. Beth100 profile image70
      Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

And what's up with the sniffing yellow snow thing?  His tail wags when he does that.  hmm

2. profile image0

yikes

7. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

With all the deep snow around where I live, all three of my dogs are hilarious.  It's the first winter for my two English mastiffs, so they don't know what to do with the snow.  They bark at the snowflakes as they fall from the sky. 

My long coated German shephard is older and knows what snow is.  He loves to catch snow balls but the best is when he sticks his nose into the snow, then his head proceeds to into the snow and he finally stops burrowing when he's up to his shoulders into the snow.  The whole time, his tail is wagging.  When he finally pulls his head out, he has a powder coating of snow all over his face, head and shoulders.  He looks very much like a bear!  smile

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

You should see my Danes react to the word "cookie." We use the c-word to refer to any treat. The boys can be sound asleep in the back of the house, and I can tiptoe into the kitchen and just whisper the word, and they almost kill themselves getting to the kitchen!

1. profile image0

I really think they understand more than we give them credit for.  So cute! :0

9. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

The funniest moment for me in an edless string of them - we had three Old English Sheepdogs, Bobtails.  Snoopy was really big and when he wasn't being really stupid he was sreally bright. Lady was smaller, older and just a Lady really.  Snoopy learned to open door handles which was good because he would let them all out in the morning which saved me getting up sometimes.  Lady did not appear to be so clever until one day she clearly wanted to go out for a pee, looked at the closed door for a moment then went off (ignoring me) and came back with Snoopy - who opened the door for her before going back to bed !

1. profile image0

Now, if you can only get them to clean up after themselves smile

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WEll . . . . When they came into the house they would all sit patiently in the 'lobby' until we came and washed their feet on rainy days. Necessary as their feet were like mops bigger than a big mans hand, and 3 * 4 would be  12 of them spreading mud through the house.

10. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

The funniest habit my dog has is howling at sirens.  He sticks his nose up in the air and mimics the siren, quite well, I might add.  It's hysterical.

One more thing...  We tell him he should be a doggy movie star quite often.  We're not sure what that sounds like to him, but it gets him all excited when we say those three words.  Hollywood here he comes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)