jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What is your favorite time of year to photograph or to just be out in?

1. moneyfairy profile image59
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

I love photographing the fall colors and the snow when it comes and the rain off a willow tree. Nature in the fall is incredible.
    What's your favorite time of year to photograph or just be in?

moneyfairyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Everything smells so clean after it rains  and when it snows it just sparkles.

2. profile image61
      Fuginagasakiposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to have to say either fall or winter. Both have great colors and wonderful scents. I'm slightly biased to new England winters, not the same in the south

Oh New England and east Coast colors are amazing in the fall. I'll be going back next yr. sometime. Beautiful country.

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago

I'm gonna vote for Fall, too. Very photogenic foliage, and the air is crisp and cool. Also, bonus points for Halloween and Thanksgiving and most of the Christmas season (it happens only 4 days after Fall ends!).

Fall is the undisputed champion of awesome seasons. Winter is a close 2nd. Spring is 3rd, if only because it's Fall Lite plus humidity, and Summer just sucks in every conceivable way.

Fall is my favorite too!!! Summer is too hot and sticky and mosquitos etc... Fall is more cozy and I sleep much better too. Thanks for sharing your favorite!!!

3. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 4 years ago

Absolutely Fall! There is so much to love about it. The crisp mornings on the porch with a hot cup of tea or coffee, sweater weather, the colors, the smell of the first wood fires of the season in the air, Halloween, and Thanksgiving! I love taking pictures of the kids jumping in a big pile of leaves and then throwing them into the air. Such beauty. Really makes you feel alive smile

I love Winter as well. How beautiful to see a fresh blanket of snow! Sledding and getting to build snowmen and making snow angels with the family. Baking and cooking for the holidays. Watching the deer and the winter birds, they are so beautiful.

Spring has its beauty, too. I love when the flowers pop up, the trees bloom, all the baby rabbits and chicks around, everything comes alive again.

Summer is my least favorite time of year. I struggle with the heat waves, humidity, bugs, and tourists!

All those fall scenerios sound wonderful and that is my favorite time of yr. too. Thank you for sharing your joyfilled mental images of family and fun fall activities!!!!Yes the winter and fall one seems to be more alive and the summer makes one feel unplugged and blah!!!!

working