jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where Can I Find The Most Unique Sewing Patterns?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Where Can I Find The Most Unique Sewing Patterns?

2. pjhowell profile image52
    pjhowellposted 8 years ago

I am not sure what type of patterns you are looking for....ie quilting, clothing, etc.  However, sewing shows and expos are great places to look for unique patterns because they usually also have the garment or quilt already constructed and on display so you can view the finished product.  My favorite is the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo which moves from city during the year.  Check out their schedule at sewingexpo.com

3. profile image45
    pthreads10posted 8 years ago

If you are looking for fashion sewing, I recommend e-patterncentral.com or sewingpatterns.com.  These websites offer original and noted pattern companies.  On the sewingpatterns.com, there are sales for different patterns at certain times.  Sign up to have these sales sent to you and get a Butterick sale for $2.99 per pattern, where non-sale price would be $6.99, plus.  Vogue, McCall's and others offer sales that you cannot refuse.

If you are sewing for the children and baby, SewBaby.com has a great selection. 

Good luck on your adventure!

4. On a Lark Design profile image61
    On a Lark Designposted 8 years ago

You might also want to check out Patternreview.com. Members review patterns from everywhere so you can get an idea of how it will look when it's done. Websites like Pink Chalk Fabrics offer patterns from all types of smaller designers that are likely to be more unique.

5. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 7 years ago

I bought a pants pattern, Kayla Kennington's Perennial Pants Collection,  from Sewing Patterns that I will continue to make because the pattern is so simple. With a choice of fabrics and small details, I can create different looks with this one pattern. Plus, I like that the pants are easy to fit to my shape.

This site seems to carry a bunch of unique, small designers not found in the larger fabric stores.

6. profile image51
    Modern Sewingposted 7 years ago

Check on etsy.  They have some really cute stuff.  Sometimes you can find what you want and then do an internet search too.  Otherwise I like JoAnne Fabrics. They usually have Simplicity 5 for $5.  I'll be making hubs with the different projects I find and I usually look for unique things.