jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

how do i start drawing?

1. profile image43
    Isaiah O'Nealposted 8 years ago

how do i start drawing?

2. waynet profile image73
    waynetposted 8 years ago

check out http://www.youtube.com/user/WayneTully1 for some inspirational drawing art videos of fantasy art creation.

3. Gareth Pritchard profile image87
    Gareth Pritchardposted 8 years ago

Hi Isaiah O'Neal,

Hope this helps.

To be perfectly honest if you are asking these questions then you have already started but perhaps you need more so I made a hub to give you more information.

Please go here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Trace-pictures- … om-your-PC

If you haven't already then I would take a look at Waynet's stuff as well.

Information is knowledge, knowledge is power if you use it and the more you know the better.

4. Pauline Rusert profile image56
    Pauline Rusertposted 8 years ago

There are so many ways to begin, none of them wrong.
    Start by looking. By learning to distinguish the difference between what you see and what you think you see.
    To start drawing, you must start seeing.
    For example, put a glass or mug on a table or other flat surface. Look at it from many directions, as many as you can. Imagine you are a camera, your eyes the lens. Notice how the ellipse, or circle of the rim and bottom appear to change as you move around and up and down, shifting view. Notice what you can see, and cannot see. Once you have looked from every possible angle, get a big piece of paper, the bigger the better and a pencil. If you have an extra large pad of newsprint (inexpensive paper that is not acid free that there is really no pressure to make anything wonderful on.)
    Look only at the object on the table and not at your paper, no peeking. Rest your eye on one place to start that you will remember as your starting point.
    Begin, slowly, to move your eye around the object in as continuous a line as possible, as you do so, use your pencil and mark the page, without looking at the paper, to track the movement of your eye on the page. Do not pick up your pencil, until you have finished looking at/drawing all of the object.
    Once you have finished looking at the object while drawing on the paper, you may look at the drawing.
    It will look funny and may remind you of your idea of a Picasso or other "modern" artist.
    Continue to do this on the same page from different angles and points of view. you may want to use colored pencils or markers to track the different drawings.
    This is referred to as blind contour drawing and is a very good place to start.

5. bill yon profile image75
    bill yonposted 8 years ago

how do you start drawing?go to your local wal-mart buy yourself about three a four packs of typing paper,grab some number two pencils,grab a couple of your favorite magazines,go to the art section get a couple of books on HOW TO DRAW....whatever go home clean off your kitchen table relax take a deep breathe put pencil to paper and the rest is history.