jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way for someone to get started with Photoshop?

1. Janet21 profile image81
    Janet21posted 8 years ago

What is the best way for someone to get started with Photoshop?

I have never used Photoshop and am interested in learning.  Where should I start?

2. angiebrackin profile image52
    angiebrackinposted 8 years ago

Search for photoshop tutorials, they are everywhere.  You can do anything in photoshop.

Www.good-tutorials.com was the first place I ever came across.  It's a wonderful start their.

Don't be afraid to play with any of the filters, or settings they don't save and it helps you learn quicker where everything is at and what it does.

3. agvulpes profile image86
    agvulpesposted 8 years ago

My first step would be to buy the program then install it on your computer :-)
    Assuming you have got that far. Open it up and study the Tutorials that are available on the Help .
    I would advise you to get to understand the concept of 'layers' , once you have got that concept you can then go step by step.
    If you can do that you are well on the way. :-)

4. FranyaBlue profile image82
    FranyaBlueposted 8 years ago

youtube have some great video tutorials. When I first started out with photoshop I had no idea what any of the tools did or how to use them properly, but after much playing about and many tutorials later, I am actually getting to grips with it and have produced some really good stuff. I'm sure it will be just as easy for you.

Good luck.

5. profile image0
    rhea0120posted 7 years ago

Photoshop is a wonderful tool once you get used to it, though it can seem complex and intimidating at first. The most important feature of Photoshop that you should be ready for is the concept of Layers, which makes life very simple. Layers can be independently worked on and can be used to combine different elements to create one image. Read up a on layers to understand their usefulness. Tutorials are a great way to discover Photoshop's potential. Start off with simple ones that teach you the basics. Once you get a hang of that, you might want to experiment a bit yourself...try a few photo manipulations on your own. After that, you could look up more complex tutorials and truly start to discover all that can be done with Photoshop. Good luck smile