What is your favorite woodworking project that you've done and why?

1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite woodworking project that you've done and why?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

My most favorite woodworking project was when I was in 9th grade and I made a clock in woodshop class. I still made it when I was 12 years old and still own it.  It continues to work, when it wants to. Needs a new mechanism for turning the hands, as the one in it presently is burning out slowly.

I would have written a hub for you, like I did for your question on Love a while back, but it was too short of a story. smile

3. profile image53
    woodengardenshedsposted 7 years ago

My favorite woodworking project has to be my first.  Everyone remembers their first.  I was in 7th grade shop class.  It was the first year at my school we were allowed to take shop class.  I had helped my father out with many projects before but we only used simple tools: jigsaw, circular saw, drill, and hammers.  In shop class I got to use the BIG power tools.  The table saw, band saw, drill press, drum sanders, well you get the idea.  It was love at first feel.

My project was a gun rack that could hold 3 guns.  (I only had one gun, a daisy lever action BB gun.  But I was hoping for a shotgun for Christmas that year.)  I spent a ton of time working to make it perfect.  I finished it and took it home.  It is still sitting in the bedroom to this day.  I will never part with it.  It was the project that cemented my life long affair with woodworking and power tools. 

I don't have much free time right now, but if I get a chance I will try to turn this into a hub.

Closed to reply

working