jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is your favourite art medium?

1. waynet profile image72
    waynetposted 7 years ago

What is your favourite art medium?

2. Mike Lickteig profile image85
    Mike Lickteigposted 7 years ago

Traditionally it has been oil paint, but in the last few years I have enjoyed working with markers.  A sharpie for blacks, and art markers for color.  I have also enjoyed using brush markers that offer a watercolor-style look.

3. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Originally and my favorite stand by is my paper and pen, maybe pencil lol quite boring.  I have recently found a passion for hair color, beading, and make up though. Go figure.

4. ShadoWind profile image60
    ShadoWindposted 7 years ago

I like to experiment with alot of different mediums,but there are a few that I use more often than others.
    I tend to like to use acrylic paints (strangely enough for the same reason that many oil painters do not like them)
    because they dry fast. I've used oils a bit before, but they dry so slowly that I'm always worried about bumping into them and smearing them or knocking them over, I can be a bit of a clutz sometimes and I also have a cat that gets into everything and knock things over. For me acrylics I find are just as easy to work with and blend as oils and dry fast enough that I don't have to worry about wet paint sitting around. Plus if you want that same glossy feel oils have there are glazes aviable that you can paint over acrylics to get that same effect.
    However I also like to draw things by hand, then scan them in and color/digitally paint them useing photoshop. I like useing the layers and transprancies on photoshop and use it to paint much like I would if I were useing acrylics. I use this method quite often. big_smile

5. Spider Girl profile image67
    Spider Girlposted 7 years ago

Basically I love to work in watercolors, but pastels are always fun to work with. I also love to sketch with charcoal and sometimes ink-and-pen. I'm looking forward to working with oil colors since I've experimented with that medium least of all.

6. profile image0
    Life Unpluggedposted 7 years ago

My favorite medium is water colour. I do work in acrylics as well.

7. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Magic Markers (cheap)
    The colored water based ink for printers (sumi)

8. FGual profile image61
    FGualposted 7 years ago

It must be drawing, it can be done anywhere anytime without any preparation other than pencil and paper, the simplest and easiest way to express yourself. I feel sorry for those who do not draw.

working