jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the basics of scrapbooking?

1. AEvans profile image78
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

What are the basics of scrapbooking?

2. JakeTonic profile image59
    JakeTonicposted 7 years ago

Scrapbooking requires a steady mind, and a steady hand! Think you're up to the challegne? Get booking! I've written extensively about scrapbooks, and the metaphysics and poltics thereof, and so has my friend. He's got more to say on the subject than i do! http://hubpages.com/hub/scrapbooking-to … book-album

3. Scrapaholic profile image79
    Scrapaholicposted 7 years ago

*Pick out a durable album with page protectors. This will last through many flip throughs with your friends. This is also the time you want to decide if you'll be creating a 6" X 6", 8 1/2" X 11", or a 12" X 12" scrapbook. It will only matter when you start selecting paper.

*Paper packs are great for beginners because all of your pages are magically coordinated! Some basic colors (white, black, brown, blue, or pink) on cardstock and a few patterned pages will get you started.

*Paper cutter. I couldn't scrap without one! It helps crops your photos and cut your paper in straight lines, something I could never do with scissors alone!

*Adhesive. You might be overwhelmed by the selection at first, but start off with an acid-free glue stick, and you'll be fine. I love glue dots, Xyron Create-a-Sticker (for small letters), and 3-d dots, as well.

*Embellishments. Start small; you don't want to get carried away buying things that you can't find a use for now. Also, don't overlook (free!) things you already have! Buttons and ribbon are usually things you can find around the house! Most craft stores sell title stickers, and you can usually find one for sports, vacation, family, friends, etc. This is a great way to jazz up a beginner page.

*Layout ideas. You can buy books and magazines with layouts and sample pages, but I find that this can be done for free online.

Happy scrapping! Check out my hub to get some layout ideas! http://hubpages.com/hub/scrapaholic

4. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

working