jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What basics do you need to start scrapbooking as a hobby?

1. GA Anderson profile image82
    GA Andersonposted 6 years ago

What basics do you need to start scrapbooking as a hobby?

2. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

Hi there, I have a hub that perfectly answers this question, called Basic Scrapbooking tools.I also have a few other hubs that may assist you further in this hobby. If you'd like to go to my profile, you'll find it under scrapbooking  media and materials. It's an amazing hobby that just keeps on evolving.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It becomes addicting, so beware.  You will need a good quality album with archival quality materials.  Everything should be acid and lignin free.  You will need your photos, some paper, and special adhesive made for photos.  No tape - oh no never. There are countless other embellishments you can add as well.

if you need ideas they are easy to find online and you can see some samples of pages that have been done.  You can go to www.closetomyheart.com, or www.creativememories.com or???  so many choices, so little time.

4. Sjlifed profile image60
    Sjlifedposted 6 years ago

I believe that in doing it by trial & error is the best! start with viewing the great pieces people have, input your thoughts and go with the flow! this will develop your own distictive style instead of being too commercial/general. It makes it easier to customize for individuals.

duffsmom is totally right about quality. It may seem like you are spending a bomb. but remember that these are things that you can use across quite a bit of projects. paper, photos and markers are basic but i recomend using magazines (fashion is highly recommended) They provide great visuals!

working