jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a chance for someone like me to find a job in the US???????

1. profile image51
    FxDeBposted 7 years ago

Is there a chance for someone like me to find a job in the US???????

I graduated in Graphic Design (Associate degree) 2 years ago and have never ever had a luck to find any kind of decent job. I have no experience in the country, have a strong French accent, and I lost all self-confidence due to a very abusive relationship. I am stuck (no money any longer) and no family to help me. What kind of job can a person like me find????? I got some help with resume and cover letters but still nothing positive happened. What kind of hope should I have? Any idea???

2. ExpandYourMind profile image74
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Can you translate French/English.  Check with companies that provide translation services.  Many of these companies work with writers and graphic artists.  Also, you could use your graphic artist skills and start a contractor business -- designing printed materials, website design, etc.    There are a lot of folks in the same boat; don't give up.

3. aususaeast profile image72
    aususaeastposted 7 years ago

you could probably find a job, the hard part is organizing it though becuase to be allowed to work in US you need a job to sponsor you.. it's best to travel to the US, maybe NYC would be best for a design job and look around. Maybe even study here first

4. webbience profile image41
    webbienceposted 7 years ago

Although you have not mentioned about your country or region - there is already job losses increased in USA.  US is in the brink of failure and collapse due to its wars, threats and occupations.

Hence try to find a job at your own country or try a job with Asian Countries like India....

5. ComfortB profile image88
    ComfortBposted 6 years ago

Hello FxDeB, I really don't know where to begin with you. First of all, DO NOT let your past define your future. God loves you. People get broken all the time. You just need to reach up and ask God to put you together again and make you whole. And if you are still in this abusive relationship, then you need to get out of it. There's help out there, wherever you live.
    There is hope for you. You are not stuck. Join a church group. The problem with the world today is no one want to acknowledge their need for a savior. If you do that, He - Jesus will deliver you and make you whole.
    If you can design labels, logos, printed material, artwork etc. you can sell on Etsy.com. Membership and setup is free. All you need is a Free Paypal account (which allows you to receive debit and credit card payments. Your customers pay you up front, and you can start to make some money right away.
    Jesus loves you. May you experience His love abundantly. Amen!

6. taazakhabar profile image60
    taazakhabarposted 5 years ago

Never loose your confidence. You might have heard the story of an ant who failed to climb the wall 99 times but kept trying and succeeded the 100th time. Like that a pack of cards has 52 cards. You don't know when God is going to give you the Golden trump card... It might be in the beginning, middle or end. You will surely get it if you hang on. But not if you give up mid way.

1. profile image51
      FxDeBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your such a nice message. I feel bad for the other anwers as I was totally unaware of them. I found a job 1 year ago and in 3 days, i was hired. Full time. I am very glad I never gave up. I am just the proof of your story! Cheer!