jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

In art, is it better to create works that few can identify with, or. . .

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

In art, is it better to create works that few can identify with, or. . .

. . .or works that are more universally accessible?

2. Jane Bovary profile image81
    Jane Bovaryposted 7 years ago

I don't think one can be better than the other. The important thing is to create art that is meaningful to you, the artist. Hopefully people will relate to it, but if not, at least you will have been sincere.

3. profile image0
    Charlinexposted 7 years ago

Art is often about fantasy, and not the ordinary.

4. Edlira profile image68
    Edliraposted 7 years ago

I am a hobby painter, and when I create sth, I do it out of personal tastes. My art represents what appeals to me, what moves me, be it a surreal image or a landscape. A work of art is very individual, since in other words it is feelings, emotions, impressions of the artist.Of course it gives you a nice feeling to know you manage to raise emotion through your art to others as well. But if it doesn't that's still ok, just as long as it satisfies you, the creator of it!

5. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 7 years ago

To me it is better to be original (that is creating to create works that few can identify with). This is what is called uniqueness in art. To rate your art work high in the market you need to consider two things.
    1. Your work must be very original and unique.
    2. You must use materials that will stand the test of time, that is it must be very durable so much that generations can meet the art piece. If art collectors see this they won't stop calling your cell phone for high bidding.

working