jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

is it considered wrong to produce war art?

1. Dave Harris profile image75
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

is it considered wrong to produce war art?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4178726_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

No, why should it be?  If it were, we wouldn't have war artists, war photographers, war chroniclers/historians.

3. Dave Harris profile image75
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

i get that MickS, but when I tell people what kind of art i produce, I am always met with an unsure reaction. maybe it's just the way some peolple in Britain are about this kind of subject.

4. profile image0
    Richard Stephenposted 7 years ago

Art is a reflection of life, and war, however unfortunate, is part of life, so I see no problem with it.  In fact, it is a way of honoring those who have served and sacrificed to defend our freedoms.  You will always find someone who will object to art in any form be it war art, nudity, religious art, etc.  Someone's sensibilities will always be offended.  Don't worry about it and pursue your passion.

5. cookibuq profile image61
    cookibuqposted 7 years ago

No, I don't think it's wrong. war is part of our history and we could learn a lot from it in order to shape society into what it is today and to develop/ improve in future. I guess some people don't like the idea of war, because they tend to associate it with violence and tyranny, which isn't the stereotypical "nature art". Also some people may not wish to be reminded of war.

6. dragonlady1967 profile image86
    dragonlady1967posted 7 years ago

I think you should produce it.  The greatest war (WWII) began  70-ish years ago and many brave veterans are now becoming deceased at a rapid rate.  It should never be forgotten.  Later generations need to be reminded how horrific war is.  It is quickly becoming forgotten...just ask any young adult about many of the wars.  WWI, WWII. Korea, Vietnam, etc... They will only name the current one in the Middle East, or not care at all.
    The veteran's fought and died so we could have the many freedoms we enjoy today.  I don't think any veteran is honored enough, no matter what war they fought.

working