jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is art?

1. arthurchappell profile image39
    arthurchappellposted 7 years ago

What is art?

defining what makes a work of art

2. Sarah Masson profile image70
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

Something that is created to be beautiful and unique whether it be writing/paintings/music etc.

3. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Something that is deemed to capture a particular thought, feeling etc (that many can relate to) in an especially creative or unique way.

4. Taleb80 profile image83
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

I way to describe yourself, while you believe that it the best way to let others touch your feelings.

5. Edlira profile image68
    Edliraposted 7 years ago

In my opinion art is a channel, through which you express your feelings and emotions, your selv.
    A work of art is consequenty a represantion of its creator's feelings, emotions.

6. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

I would argue that - to be a true artist - a person must be capable of externalising himself/herself. By this I mean - be capable of taking an idea, a thought filtered through mixed emotions, from inside their head and give it coherence: a concrete reality in the real world.

To achieve this they need to be brutally honest about who and what they are on the inside.

So art is really a manic process that switches between soul searching introversion followed by a nakedly honest exposition of whatever the artist has managed to dredge up from those deep dark corners of the mind that most us prefer not to visit.

working