jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there one address we can use to attract people to our hubs? i.e. www.joebrown

1. slideseven profile image57
    slidesevenposted 7 years ago

Is there one address we can use to attract people to our hubs? i.e. www.joebrown@Hubpages.com ?

I know each hub we write has a unique link but do we have one (like above) we can use to get folks to come read our collective hubs?

2. Fareehaarif profile image58
    Fareehaarifposted 7 years ago

Ya, You are right according to my point of view.

3. SognoPiccolo profile image83
    SognoPiccoloposted 7 years ago

yes, yours is http://hubpages.com/profile/slideseven that brings people to your profile homepage and they have the option of reading your profile, checking out your followers or reading any of your hubs. hope this was helpful!

4. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

Not sure I know the definitive answer to this one, though I have a few thoughts.

First, I think that people tend to come to Hubs as the result of a specific search--for example, "how do I install a low-flow toilet?," which brings a bunch of people to my Hub on the topic.  (This seems to be the general idea behind the "Title Tuner," by the way--though I have to say I'm unclear why all the tags that draw people to the Hub need to be in the title itself!)  So, for my Hubs at least, I think people come for the content, not for my name.  And it's hard to imagine a general title that would have such a magical ability to "pull" readers.

Second, you can link to your profile page, as SognoPiccolo says, and I think that this has some merit.  I've done it several times myself, in fact.  But I can't say I've noticed drastic increases in profile view statistics as a result.

It would be really cool to have the capability to link to Groups of Hubs (especially if the link automatically updated to include new or newly-modified Hubs.)  You can certainly create summary Hubs which function as indices; but they don't update.  I haven't tried this, though I've heard other Hubbers mention it.  Perhaps someone will comment on the pros and cons of this practice?

working