jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

More interesting and challenging hubs don't get comments and recognition i.e. cu

1. Nez Brown profile image56
    Nez Brownposted 6 years ago

More interesting and challenging hubs don't get comments and recognition i.e. current events,why?

Hubs that get lots of comments and won hubs everyday only among these categories cooking,knitting,crochet,household sections,kinds of foods but not on more important topics like world issues, social issues,environment,politics,news,exotic countries other than US of A.

2. Digitskyes profile image75
    Digitskyesposted 6 years ago

I guess people don't want to get into a whole political or social debate more than they just want to share something interesting, personal or beautiful.

Or if they are like me maybe they don't feel like they have anything to add to 'big events' and prefer to just leave that to people in the know.

Not sure what the reason is, but it'll be interesting to see other answers. smile

3. smcopywrite profile image26
    smcopywriteposted 6 years ago

another factor besides what digitskyes mentioned is when people are using search engine information they are searching for the more "plain jane" information rather than the controversial issues that make you think and evoke emotion. therefore, more traffic is directed to these hubs.

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

The reason HubPages features rather neutral topics is because they figure such articles will appeal to a broader audience.

I too would like to see more interesting front page content, but I know where to look for it on HubPages.  There is an option to "follow" categories on HP, so if you want to read more thought-provoking pieces, just click the follow button and you will get notifications when new pieces are published.

working