Do you believe an artists%u2019 lookout is wide extending to horizon while a sci

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

Do you believe an artists%u2019 lookout is wide extending to horizon while a scientist\s lookout...

is constricted leading to a specific point?

2. lone77star profile image82
    lone77starposted 7 years ago

H.P., this is a powerful question. I never looked at the two this way. I suppose, if this is true, then I'm a walking contradiction.

Certainly, the artist is pushing boundaries toward greater freedom of expression. And certainly the scientist is attempting to distill nature down into a finite set of axioms and rules.

Both have in common the desire to explore--to discover. For the scientist, that exploration might come to an end, once all is known (at least for some branches of science). For the artist, this never happens; there is always something new to create.

Where the scientist might have a never ending journey is in exploring the universe. It may not be infinite, but exploring every star system in every galaxy and between galaxies, could take trillions or quadrillions of years... possibly much, much longer. All of the types of planets, the types of life, and possibly even civilizations? Ripe with challenges.

working