jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Beginner in crochet would like advice?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Beginner in crochet would like advice?

What is the best kind of items to start with when learning crochet? Also, do you have a favourite book, leaflet, DVD etc., that is good to refer to when learning?

2. Carlene Hampton profile image56
    Carlene Hamptonposted 7 years ago

First of all the best items to start out with is, yarn, choose a color of your choice, second, you will need a #3 crochet hook because this hook is for beginners and its using to use. The best book to help you begin will be a Learn How To Crochet, it has alot of nice items you can create, once you have mastered the beginners book you then move forward to a more advanced book, there are many to choose from, all are good choices. I hope this has help you some to begin to learn how to crochet.

3. LABrashear profile image60
    LABrashearposted 6 years ago

Like Carlene said, definitely pick your yarn and a good hook.  A couple of my aunts taught me when I was about 8 yrs old.  They had me make some pot holders.  I taught a friend a few years back.  I showed her a really simple stitch.  She used it to make a lap-sized blanket.

4. Crochetliens profile image73
    Crochetliensposted 6 years ago

I posted a hub about the tools you need.  As far as learning how either get a beginners book with A LOT of photos or look up beginner patterns on Ravelry.com.

working