jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Can you make money from selling your own hand made Greeting Cards?

1. mandypoole profile image60
    mandypooleposted 6 years ago

Can you make money from selling your own hand made Greeting Cards?

I make my own Greeting Cards and I would like to sell them, but I do not know where to start. Any ideas? And have any of you successfully done this?

2. C123 profile image25
    C123posted 6 years ago

This might be help full, the name of the place to start Blue Mountian Arts (write greeting cards). here is the link. http://www.sps.com/c_u+LxzbkoAqQsOAAEwN … tings.html   
    You can also verify this link at http://www,ratracerebellion.com . You can find it under writings & Editings.

No I have never tried this before..

3. mythicalstorm273 profile image77
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

You can make money by selling anything if you put your mind to it.  How successful you could be depends on you and how much you put into it.  I have never tried it personally, but I know somebody who sold homemade items.  There are a lot of things you can try and really the sky is the limit.  First off you will want to get the word out that you are selling them and you want them to be a decent price.  Also you will want some sort of game plan for your 'business.'  For example are you going to do something like hallmark and have cards pre-made so people can just stop in and pick them up off of some sort of stand or are you doing special orders, or both.  Try getting a booth at a local or nearby craft fair to get your product out.  Street fairs, art streets, any of these types of things are good places to start! You can also attempt to sell them broader than locally, but the best place to start is local.  Make up a business plan because you do not want to go into it blind and do not be afraid to use social media sites as well as friends, neighbors, and family... you will need support and you have to start somewhere.  Most importantly though... you have to be available for people to get the cards!!! If you get your name out but you are not available nobody will buy them.  Make it work for you and I am sure you can do it (especially if they are good!) :-) Good Luck!!

4. lex123 profile image66
    lex123posted 6 years ago

Apart from local promotion, you can also start online. Build a free website and add the different cards you make for the people to see. Then give a local ad, and tell your friends and relatives to have a look at your website.

5. trecords0 profile image59
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

Try using www.zazzle.com it's like www.cafepress.com where you can take one design and place it on all kinds of products.  Both sites allow you to choose your royalty earnings, and create your own store front to display the items you've created.

6. Kellynn Cartier profile image58
    Kellynn Cartierposted 6 years ago

If event like craft show try booket your booth or try selling on website. Good Luck.

7. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i heard etsy, amazon could bring you good sales. Never try out yet

8. profile image0
    Alison Brownposted 3 years ago

If ONE want to make a living in the handmade card business, make it scalable.

working