Do you still send greeting Cards?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (47 posts)
  1. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

There is so much lost sentiments with mailing since the email era.So much has gone virtual to save the "trees". Do many people still purchase and send greeting Cards?

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image70
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but only when I care enough to send the very best. smile

1. Stimp profile image59
        Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok...you stole what I was going to say.  Nice going!! cool

2. victorypi1 profile image61
        victorypi1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ok...you stole what I was going to say.  Nice going!! cool

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes. you'd be surprised how much people love getting those in the mail. smile

3. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, I send them to my friends and I always send a thank you card to anyone who does anything nice for me or helps me out.
      I have a series of cat  and dog blank cards that a company bought the prints from me to use..I have a ton of them myself they gave me, I use them for any occassion..but I do buy special cards for special people on very special occassions....

4. figment profile image73
      figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, often

5. profile image0
      Marzimeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I still send cards to my loved ones for holidays and birthdays, I spend a good 40 minutes in the card store reading all the cards. I enjoy it smile

6. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes smile

7. profile image0
      leann2800posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Normally, I send greeting cards at Christmas to all my relatives and friends and participate in Christmas Card swaps with the folks I play games or talk to in online forums. The more the merrier.I love the pictures and designs and the sentimental value of the written word.

But, I have had a long year and I am giving myself a stress free holiday for Christmas. I am having a tea with the ladies at work and then I will stay home and write for Christmas. Most of my family is in retail. They work that day. So, I plan on making them snacks for them and their buddies at work and then making it comfortable for them when they come home.

8. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

no stopped few years ago, now I send ones I write to charities in letter form, if that makes sense

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I donate to Amnesty and send their internet greeting thingy.

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thingy's are the best

I am using hard letters with postage this year-except I feel so out of it I don't want to go to the post office.  ahhh

yikes

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62
            Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thingy's are pretty cool, post offices are not. I'm a lazy Xmas sender of Xmas thingys..It works for me. wink

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

yes to all my relatives and friends, I just sent them all last Monday already

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey There Pretty! What happened to your Steelers hat?? You looked so cute in it . .
      Happy Thanksgiving to you  . hope it was a great one. . .and you sent your holiday cards out already . .WoW! You are organized and amzazing .. I make mine so I am not even close to getting a stamp on them!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL< yes I missed that photo cant find it because I changed my avatar yesterday too, I need to send cards already because mail is very slow in December, it is cheaper to send now, i sent thirty of them, relatives in the Philippines LOL<

go girl...

2. Inspiredbro profile image69
      Inspiredbroposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes.

3. Elyse Eaton profile image61
    Elyse Eatonposted 14 years ago

I tend to send out Happy New Year cards/letters.  I have more time after Christmas to make my cards.  And it's one less thing to do before Christmas.  And it helps stave off the after-holiday blues.

4. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Absolutely!  I love to collect unique cards and send them to family members.  A lost art, indeed.

5. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Yup we still send them every year. Family and friends. smile

6. skristoff profile image60
    skristoffposted 14 years ago

Definitely!  In fact I make most of my own cards these days.  People love to get a handwritten note in the mail, and not just at Christmas time.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I send a few; to my sister and family, to my cousin and family. Only to people who live far away.

8. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

yes, to family members that live far away~~ emails don't cut it when it comes to the holidays. I still am thrilled to get a real letter in the mail. I received one the other day and it was typed on a typewriter!  Handwritten is even better.

9. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

yes i always send out Christmas cards to everybody.

10. Mekenzie profile image75
    Mekenzieposted 14 years ago

I guess I'm the first to admit I don't send them anymore.  As a result I don't get them anymore.  My list was so big that it weighed me down every year.  I keep close contact with those I am close to and it's almost a relief that we don't expect cards or gifts from each other anymore.  I do send friendship cards on impulse and Get Well cards as well as encouragment cards.

11. heart4theword profile image61
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Yes, I do, yet this last Christmas, things were really different, allot going on.  I have to confess I didn't get one Christmas card out.  Valentine's will be different, already have some cards made up, just have to address them.

I believe you are right, about something is lost!  There is much to be said, about sending hand written, handpicked, and or handmade cards!  People know you took the time, and know you thought it out, purposed in your heart to care about them:)

12. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I confess, I'm lazy. I send e-cards.

13. lisaparker009 profile image59
    lisaparker009posted 14 years ago

yes i do just few days back on new year i have send so many cards from http://www.ruvacards.com/

14. thegreenerme profile image45
    thegreenermeposted 14 years ago

I do send some greeting cards, but I try to send ecards when I can. A lot of people think you're being cheap if you send ecards, so that makes it difficult to replace physical greeting cards -- no to mention emails have a much colder feel and aren't as personalized as a greeting card.

15. tal g mel profile image60
    tal g melposted 14 years ago

no...

16. yenajeon profile image72
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I still do! I've been obsessed with those singing and musical cards smile Im kind of a dork though..

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A very pretty dork! tongue

17. p.hp profile image59
    p.hpposted 14 years ago

yes .... in Indonesia. cards are still widely used. it was very polite than using email

18. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Yes I do send cards...Some purchased, some made on my computer..I love to receive them too...last christmas I had about 40 cards on my mantle and hoosier cabinet.

19. Ann Nonymous profile image60
    Ann Nonymousposted 14 years ago

I still make them! And I'm not talking clip art. I mean rubber stamping and the whole nine yards! Unfortunately I know a lot of my hard work has ended up in Waste Management's management...Not exactly how I planned it when I hand wrote over 50 handmade Christmas cards year after year...Oh well! Now I do try to send more E-Cards and the like...The worst that can happen is it gets spammed! LOL

20. oktavita profile image60
    oktavitaposted 14 years ago

Yes, usually I bought them though to save time big_smile It's better than sending emails.

21. profile image52
    divyajposted 13 years ago

Thanks folks! You gave a nice idea about greeting cards trending. I am concern because I run an ecard website www.DGreetings.com

22. rorymullen profile image61
    rorymullenposted 13 years ago

I send Greeting cards and also still love hanging the ones I recieve. I do think the postal service will be gone in 10 years, so no more mailing anything.

23. profile image48
    flytrapposted 12 years ago

Hi, guys.  I know this is pretty gauche to post here, but I wanted to throw it out there.  I have a greeting card company called Flytrap that has lots of sarcastic, high quality, nice graphics cards.  If you're looking for some new and different stuff, go have a look.  www.ShopFlytrap.com

For my part, I do send cards out for birthdays, some anniversaries, and holidays.  Always holidays, and I include a letter that's humor-driven.

Do you guys just send picture cards or do you include your own letters too?

24. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 12 years ago

Greeting cards can be hung on the decorated Christmas tree,or around it. Cards can be displayed prominently to show how many you received on your birthdays and anniversaries.It feels special that all those well wishers are with you. Cards can never be replaced by e-cards. I love to send out as well as receive cards.

25. DonnaCosmato profile image88
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

I feel like the odd man out in a way, but I prefer the multi-media aspect and the wide range of e-cards that I can find online. The recipients always seem to enjoy them (especially the ones with animations and music) and nobody has ever called me cheap (at least to my face)! However, I still use traditional cards to enclose with gifts and make them myself on the computer so I personalize them and dress them up.

26. kerlynb profile image88
    kerlynbposted 12 years ago

I do!

I send musical and really big and colorful cards to kids smile I just feel that they can actually keep these cards as souvenirs.  Also, I play Santa and send them small notes, too.

Still, I send e-card to adults.  Just to personalize the e-cards, I try to write well thought-out messages.

27. profile image0
    Wilfionposted 12 years ago

I have never sent an e-card to anyone, and doubt I ever will.  It is so much nicer to receive an envelope through the post, containing an attractive card, which the sender has written a message in by hand.  It is so much more personal than one sent by the click of a button.

However, today, when I went into my hotmail, I discovered I had received my first ever e-card from a total stranger, in which they told me how madly in love with me they were.  How this can be, when I don't know them, and I doubt they can therefore know me.  There is some weird stuff in my inbox lately, most of it trying to advertise penis extensions.  I don't know what they've heard, but they shouldn't make assumptions.

28. somedress2011 profile image60
    somedress2011posted 12 years ago

after i am go to the university ,i never send greeting card ,we use message insteaded , but i miss the days that we send greeting cards ,very fun and we write the best wishes and then sent they to your friends .they will sent one back to us . I remember it was my birthday that my friends sent greeting cards to me ,beautiful and chic . i have they into my case .cherry it .

29. Zabbella profile image76
    Zabbellaposted 12 years ago

I still send greeting cards the old-fashioned way  for the holidays.  It is always nice to receive something in the mail other than bills.

30. KBE Farms profile image60
    KBE Farmsposted 5 years ago

Christmas cards or Holiday cards whatever your preference, absolutely do I send them!  Email has become too impersonal and face it, when someone passes an email is just not the same as holding the last card they sent.  I tie out the year always by sending Christmas cards,  and for many on my list it might be the only time we connect.  Postage has gone crazy, but if get you cards on sale and start early and do them throughout the year addressing them and labeling,  stuffing that "dreaded" form Christmas letter, well thats the frosting on the cake.  And I do put little personal notes that are hand written as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)