jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who is your favorite photographer and why?

1. Nicky Page profile image75
    Nicky Pageposted 6 years ago

Who is your favorite photographer and why?

2. profile image0
    no mac saladposted 6 years ago

That would easily be Art Wolfe. What a dream job, he travels to exotic locations, his work contributes to the conservation of nature, he learns about different cultures. It's an adventure to be like Art Wolfe, oh, and he takes pretty good photos too... I enjoy the photos of people and places, he does it well...

3. Cara.R profile image76
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

Dorothea Lange and her influence on documentary photography. I enjoy her images because it tells a story. A story of history I wasn't around to see. There is a quote of hers I love.

"You put your camera around your neck along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you. The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Moose Peterson. His photographs are as good or better than most, but his simple, down to earth writing style is a joy to read.

5. philosotographer profile image60
    philosotographerposted 6 years ago

Gregory Colbert and his Ashes and Snow collection pretty much blew my mind smile

6. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Frank Meadow Sutcliffe because he was one of the true pioneers iof the art.  His Dock end at Whitby, and Piggy Back will need some awfuly good bits of photography and composition to beat them.

working