jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think that the pen and pencil will become forgotten way of writing?

1. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

Do you think that the pen and pencil will become forgotten way of writing?

2. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

I don't think so; but, it is hard for me to imagine life without pen and pencils.  Some people will always prefer to feel the pencil scrape across the paper or the permanence of writing with a pen or even the staccato tapping of a type writer.

3. snakeslane profile image83
    snakeslaneposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not ever. A pen (pencil) is an extension of my right arm. If I am at a meeting or talking on the phone I cannot think or speak clearly without making notes and drawing doodles. I would be lost without a pen.

4. Happyboomernurse profile image86
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

I certainly hope not, but with the continued advances in technology, it's possible that someday the pen and pencil may become extinct. Of the two, I think the pencil is at greatest risk of this because it isn't easy to carry without breaking the points.

5. hawkdad73 profile image68
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

No. Even if they become less used, there will come a day, I think, when technology itself will become obsolete.

6. kathydva profile image71
    kathydvaposted 6 years ago

I think not. Although, I have heard there is a move to eliminate the teaching of cursive writing. Think of all the documents that could no longer be read a generation from now ... the Declaration of Independence, old handwritten records, family correspondence, love letters, etc.

7. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Doubt it.  Just like painting with brushes has been around, so will pencil drawings.  At least as long as there are artists like me who continue to use them. smile

1. Rosana Modugno profile image84
      Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I meant writing with pen/pencil.  Referring to how the old ways don't really die as long as there is an audience.

working