jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you print your own photo's or do you send them away to get printed?

1. rob bell photo profile image60
    rob bell photoposted 6 years ago

Do you print your own photo's or do you send them away to get printed?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Home process my own with an enlarger.

3. sgbrown profile image96
    sgbrownposted 6 years ago

I always print my own photos.  You never really know exactly what they are going to look like until they are on paper. I haven't been happy with the print quality I get from most places. When I print them, I can go back in and crop, or tweak the color, brightness or contrast if I need to.

4. dappledesigns profile image91
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

For digital photos I actually bring them to a quick processing station like Walgreen's. It's so cheap, and this is a great way to print a big batch of photos that I need to see in print before I can sell them.

I send them to a photo lab to be printed when the photos are sold because they can deliver a variety of options such as luster or canvases.

I very rarely ever print from home because it doesn't produce the quality I am looking for and it costs me a ton in ink.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I upload to Kodak.  I have a large Canon photo printer that works very well and leaves this wonderful gloss finish on the photo.  But I have never been happy with the color - it always seems off.  It just became easier to upload and have them printed for a few cents each.

6. rob bell photo profile image60
    rob bell photoposted 6 years ago

I see that most of you get a different outcome to what you expect when printing at home, what settings do you use on your computer? do they match your paper and colour settings, I have had  with this as well but wonder if its the printer that's not up to scratch.

7. David Warren profile image80
    David Warrenposted 6 years ago

For anything 8' x 10" or less I print at home. I have used services such as Shutterfly for wedding books but typically print everything at home. It is expensive but I trust my own editing and tweaking more than any professional services. I have had good results from Shutterfly for wedding books although I've never had them process prints for me.

working