jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

A suggestion about printing out your hubs

1. Dorsi profile image94
    Dorsiposted 9 years ago

I just wanted to make a suggestion to those that are working on making writing their career (even if you just do it for pleasure this is a good idea) -a good thing to do is to print out your hubs and put them in a  binder. I am in the process of doing this now.
    It's good to have hard copies of your work- you never know when you might need it- sometimes you will need it to show friends/potential employers, etc.
    I did this with our sign business. I took pictures of most of our work- and made it into a portfolio of our work- and the visuals have helped bring in alot of sales and it's also been nice for us to look back on.

1. vietnamese profile image72
      vietnameseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you talking about backing up, would it be better if we copy and paste them and save them in word processing program?

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image87
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

That's a good idea, and I think at one point there was even talk of a "print" button on hubs to print without the ads...I wonder what ever came of that idea...

1. Dorsi profile image94
      Dorsiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The first hub I just printed out came out perfect- now the second one came out bad- really small print and overlaps on the comments. I guess I'll have to play around with the settings to get this to look consistent.

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I just noticed this thread.  Can you give us the URL of the hub that didn't print out well for you?  We did put some effort into making hubs print reasonably well a while back.  We may be able to fix the issue.

1. weblog profile image58
          weblogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good smile

2. Dorsi profile image94
          Dorsiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It was my conspiracy thread Paul  http://hubpages.com/_HubLink/hub/Conspi … e-Internet

I haven't tried printing any more out after that.

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image73
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

I know they made them more printer friendly:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/1334#post12100

But, I think ads might still print.  Not sure because I haven't printed any in awhile.

4. stephhicks68 profile image91
    stephhicks68posted 9 years ago

A print button would be great!

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image73
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  I'd love to see a print button.

working