jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where can you sell your crocheted items other than craigslist ?

1. dipsmi profile image75
    dipsmiposted 5 years ago

Where can you sell your crocheted items other than craigslist ?

2. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

Etsy is the best site for handmade goods. I've tried selling books there and sold them, but never finished items. There is always eBay, but it has to be something really special. Don't forget craft fairs. At one time there were some online craft stores. If you live in the right area, local craft fairs can be successful.

Don't forget that with crochet, you may not even earn minimum wage. The projects just take to long to create.

If you know how to design your own patterns, this may be a better way to earn money. At one time I did that. You'll get more money for your time. You have to come up with unique ideas though. To explain selling patterns, it would take an entire hub to explain it to you.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would go to Etsy.com.  They have a wonderful site with lots of wonderful creations.

4. cookies4breakfast profile image59
    cookies4breakfastposted 5 years ago

I sell on Etsy, and their fees are lower than Ebay.  Etsy has quite a few sellers who make crocheted items, and some do very well.  You can view the shops who sell similar items to yours to get an idea of what to charge.  Good luck!

5. profile image0
    susanm23bposted 5 years ago

I agree with all of the other answers.  I sell on Etsy as well. It is super easy to set up a shop.  Listing fees are low.  There is no set price for have a shop.  The more you list--the more you pay.  MANY people visit Etsy, so you have an opportunity to be seen.  The only downside of that is because there are so many sellers, you must work very hard to be seen and "stand out".

6. profile image53
    di7posted 5 years ago

Consignment seems to be the most cost-effective. You only pay a percentage of what actually sells and items can be seen for a long period of time.

In comparison, craft shows are very expensive, regardless of sales, and usually occur only one or two days a year.

Etsy online is very competitive.

With consignment, learn the interests of the clientele in a certain area.

working