Digital or film photography?

1. katieababy74 profile image61
    katieababy74posted 6 years ago

Digital or film photography?

I love digital photography and the fact you can click away to your hearts content but I miss the old film and getting just 24 shots to get the perfect picture then having it developed to see what you have! What do think?

2. profile image0
    pixnumposted 6 years ago

Personally, I love digital photography. But, the film photography is special for the zone system. It is great for black & white photography. However, the digital photography has decreased the gap between the digital form and the film form. It is very much advanced to deliver the best quality of zone system for any photograph.

3. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 5 years ago

I'm emotionally attached to film.... the anxiety waiting for negatives to develop, hanging them to dry, creating image in the darkroom with the aromatic swirls of developer....

However my pocket likes digital much much better. I have to admit, now that I have been working with my DSLR the last two years, I am much more open to the digital world.

One example in particular... kids portraits. You need a lot frames to get a two year old to sit still, smile nice get "the perfect shot". This is where I love digital.

working