jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why is Instagram so popular?

1. Amy Gillie profile image83
    Amy Gillieposted 5 years ago

Why is Instagram so popular?

2. Kennedi Brown profile image94
    Kennedi Brownposted 5 years ago

I've always thought it was simply the appeal of an "iPhone only special club", like a gated community of sorts. There are other such apps that are available on multiple smartphones, but none of them gained the popularity of Instagram.

I like a phone loosely based on linux, myself, so I'm a Streamzoo person.

3. profile image48
    moisesklineposted 5 years ago

Its the best photo-sharing site, that is why smile

4. sandonia profile image83
    sandoniaposted 5 years ago

The hipsters found the retro effects to be really cool, so they started using it. The followers wanted to be cool like the hipsters, so they started using it. The rest of the world learned about it and found it interesting, so they started using it. Of course, when Malcolm Gladwell explains it, it sounds so much better than when I do. smile

5. stank24qm profile image61
    stank24qmposted 5 years ago

Because you have a way to make your pictures look "cool" without needing to carry around a real camera. No one ever said that using it makes you a "photographer." It's nice to use it simply just as another social media and share pictures with your friends. I enjoy the idea that I don't always need my DSLR with me to capture a moment. Regardless of whether it's a "hip" thing, the fact is that the best camera is the one you have with you.

6. Victoria Anne profile image97
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

I use it because it makes it easy for me to share pictures to my facebook, tumblr, and twitter all at once. Otherwise I would have to open each app and upload it 3 times.

7. profile image0
    ghiblipgposted 5 years ago

Well, Instagram fit photography into the latest trend, sharing, social community.
    Further more, instagram photos give you the kind of feel, the real life feeling, imperfection. So, enjoy it.

8. photostudiosupply profile image61
    photostudiosupplyposted 5 years ago

Instagram is a mobile photo-sharing app with addition of a simple and well-designed interface for selecting filters after the photo has been taken.