jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is Instagram?

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image33
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years ago

What is Instagram?

I am clueless about Instagram.  For what purpose it is used and tell me its merits and of course its demerits. Can I use it on my PC or is it suitable for Smart Phones?  Please give me some ideas.

2. Cassandra Walker profile image59
    Cassandra Walkerposted 3 years ago

Instagram is a photo sharing service/website. It is used to share photographs and pictures you take. Sometimes photographers will use it to display their photography work and some companies will use it to reach a broader audience. Merits would include advertisement, sharing with family and friends, and even as a resume for aspiring artists and models. Demerits include strangers looking at your photos if not set to private, so careful what you share on there, as well as people can direct message you photos, which are not always what you want to see. Another concern is there are a lot of fake accounts and it is hard to tell what is real and what is not. Recently, Instagram has changed their terms of use to include they can sell or share your information and content without your knowledge or compensating you for it. You can use both PC and Smart Phone, however web browser it is easier to view them rather than post them, posting them you are better off using a smart phone on the app.

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image33
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for such a nice bundle of information.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yes, same as others had said, its like Pinterest, sharing photos but you need to register with your cellphone. Don;t accept thru laptop.