jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How do you know if your art work can be sold for profit?

1. 4wardthinker profile image78
    4wardthinkerposted 5 years ago

How do you know if your art work can be sold for profit?

I love to paint canvas for a hobby now that I am unemployed. Could it be a hobby for profit?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6830327_f260.jpg

2. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

The only way you are going to find out is ......try it!. There are many venues where you can try to sell your art like E-bay, Amazon, Kijiji, local classifieds, flea markets ect. Take a photo, list your piece and see what happens. You may find yourself with a very lucrative new opportunity.  Good luck!

4wardthinkerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks point2make for your suggestions! I didn't know about Amazon and Kijiji. The first step seems to be the hardest. I'll give them a try

3. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

The power of positive thinking will carry you as far as you can imagine.  Like point2make suggested, there are many great sites and places you can try. Also give etsy an attempt. My best wishes for you and your goals smile

Thanks Olde Cashmere for your words of encouragement. I guess it takes a leap of faith and trial and error. I'll give etsy a try since others are having success with them.

4. AfricaGurl profile image59
    AfricaGurlposted 5 years ago

you can also try out ugallery.com they are an online art gallery that feature many artists, and if they approve your application and feel that you would be able to sell your art, then you know you can sell it.

Thanks for your suggestion AfricaGurl!  I will have to check it out and see if I get accepted.

5. profile image48
    Cuadros Goyaposted 4 years ago

That is imposible to know, you have to try it.
    I think you are a good painter.
    I am an artist too, here you can see some of my art :
    http://www.cuadrosgoya.es

4wardthinkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering Cuadros Goya. I checked out your website and your work is beautiful. Best wishes to you my fellow artist.

2. profile image48
      Cuadros Goyaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I hope you have a great success.

working