jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are some Art projects and practices that I could do to better my skills?

1. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 4 years ago

What are some Art projects and practices that I could do to better my skills?

I'd like to know some projects and assignments that are given to art students and do them on  my own, thanks. smile

2. Ann1Az2 profile image67
    Ann1Az2posted 4 years ago

I know when my mother took art lessons, she kept a sketch book and a drawing pencil handy. That way, if she saw a bird, animal or anything she found interesting to draw, she always had her tools with her, much like a writer keeps a journal.

Robie Benveposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's a great thing to do, I did it for a while and somehow stopped carrying the sketchbook around. I should resume that great habit. Thanks!

3. snakeslane profile image85
    snakeslaneposted 4 years ago

Betty Edwards book, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain has lots of ideas. I've written a Hub about it, but can't put a link to it here.

Robie Benveposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi snakeslane, I read that book, long time ago, when I was in Italy and I loved it. I need to remember to find it next time I visit my parents. I may get an English version from the library in the mean time. smile I'll check your hub out. Thanks!

4. randomcreative profile image93
    randomcreativeposted 4 years ago

Improving your artistic abilities is an going process. From making time each day to brainstorming to visiting local art exhibits, there are lots of simple, affordable ways to improve your skills. read more

working