jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What is your best idea for organizing your arts and craft area?

1. starstream profile image78
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

What is your best idea for organizing your arts and craft area?

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
    galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago

My best idea for stroing arts and crafts supplies is using Shoe bags. Many of them have a hanging hook so they can be placed in the closet- out of the way. I use separate shoes bag for different supplies. Some of these bags are also made with zipper pockets which is great for small items or beads. I also use large size fishing tackle boxes for beads and bottles of acrylic paint.
    Other items are stored in plastic tubs and labeled so I  know what the contents are. A room may only have 4 corners but my cratst room has more. There's a painting corner, sewing corner, sculpting corner and of course writing corner.  The corner behind the door is labeled "new idea department". It contains only a chair- for thinking.

1. starstream profile image78
      starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The most creative idea you have is the special space just for the "new idea department".

3. tammyswallow profile image94
    tammyswallowposted 5 years ago

I bought a photo toolbox and it is one large box with 16 small removeable boxes in it. It is the size of a small breif case. I use each box to organize small pieces for making jewelry. I keep jump rings in a box, sort beads by color in some boxes, bezel pendants in another, cabachons in another and so on. It is great to tote if you go to a jewelry show.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I use kitchen tupaware for the family Lego's. Stack the puzzles according to difficulty and size of the box. But the main factor of organization that I have is a detailed design of every closet. Every box has a place and should always be in that area.

5. Rosana Modugno profile image83
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Crates stacked on each other against the wall, with my paints organized by color, brushes in glass jars in the crates and papers, canvas stacked along side crates.  I like everything out in the open where I can see it.  Glass jars organize my beads or clays.

6. Ronna Pennington profile image85
    Ronna Penningtonposted 5 years ago

I finally gave up on being neat and decided to just go for convenience. It's much better this way! I used to spend more time focusing on everything being lined up and in place than I did crafting! Fabric is  in a plastic tote, paper is easily seen on my bookshelf,  and all my embroidery frames are within reach stored flat on the machine's shelf.

7. nicolestrovich548 profile image61
    nicolestrovich548posted 5 years ago

I made a pretty rack for my crafts and the others I put them on my wine cork board. if you want this too, go to http://corkboardsheets.com