jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you knit and crochet during the summer months?

1. Nancy B. profile image71
    Nancy B.posted 4 years ago

Do you knit and crochet during the summer months?

or is it something you set aside as summer activities heat up.

2. purl3agony profile image97
    purl3agonyposted 4 years ago

Yes, I knit throughout the summer.   I belong to a knit group, so it gives me some encouragement to continue working on projects through the year.  I find the summer is a great time to start on holiday gifts or decorations.  That way, I'm not rushing to get projects done when the holidays are upon us. 

The summer's also a great time to try a new project or technique, since I'm less likely to have a set time to get it finished. 

Wishing you a great summer, filled with lots of yarn fun smile

3. dashingme profile image73
    dashingmeposted 4 years ago

For me it is something I set aside when summer. It was more fun to me going out in summer engaging activities have some refreshing picnic under the shade of the tress, read bokes, gardening, run and play with the dogs, involving kids to fly the kites, and walking including jogging. It is also nice to go to the beach if your close so wonderful to hear the waters flashes, wind blows, seeing people having fun under the sun. Im now excited for that! yeeehaaa!

4. Rose Anne Karesh profile image73
    Rose Anne Kareshposted 4 years ago

Yes, absolutely. I love knitting while sitting out on a deck with family members on a summer afternoon. I'm usually making smaller projects though, or smaller components that will be sewn together for a larger project.

5. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

I will crochet in the summer, especially if I have a summer top project I want to finish and be able to wear before fall comes along!  It's nice to bring something like that along to the beach or just sit out in the sun and do.