jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you download crochet, knitting and other craft patterns and from where?

1. craftdrawer profile image67
    craftdrawerposted 4 years ago

Do you download crochet, knitting and other craft patterns and from where?

Do you download patterns from Kindle, Etsy, Leisure Arts or any other places and if so what type of patterns do you download the most and from where?

2. Lee Tea profile image92
    Lee Teaposted 4 years ago

I don't.  I learned more about crochet, and actually learned how to knit, using the children's books from the kids section of the library!  Then I moved up to the adult section smile  Within a few months I was knitting socks in the round, and got hooked on these fingerless gloves - which THEN go in my Etsy shop smile

I thought ravelry.com would be a good place to download, but it wasn't as free and easy as I had hoped.  For free patterns and thorough explanations, I use the library!  And for shorthand in the patterns I don't know, I use youtube smile

Be well!
    Lee @ Lee's Teas

3. dezalyx profile image94
    dezalyxposted 4 years ago

I like going to Ravelry for patterns because each pattern is presented with a featured photo, as well as photos from other people's work. If you want to look at free patterns only, there is a toggle there to do so.

One option there that I really like is the ability to look at different sources (books, magazines, etc.) for finding out what patterns are included in it, as well as more photos from other people's projects (if any).

4. purl3agony profile image96
    purl3agonyposted 4 years ago

I download knitting patterns and craft tutorials from the web.  I like to knit and make all kinds of things so some patterns I download through Ravelry, some from other knitters' websites and blogs, sometimes from a yarn companies website, etc.

I do most of my pattern browsing on Ravelry, then search out the patterns I want wherever they may be.  Ravelry is an easy source for patterns and has a rather complete listings of knitting patterns as they are released - whether as a single pattern, or in a magazine, or in a book (though the choice and list of patterns can be overwhelming).