jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where are the best places to get supplies for candle making?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image90
    oceansnsunsetsposted 4 years ago

Where are the best places to get supplies for candle making?

Making candles sounds so nice, and I was wondering where people have shopped for the best candle making supplies?  Open to ideas for soy candles and non soy candles.  Curious most I guess about fragrance and creating a very nice candle.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

My husband got into this a few years ago and got his supplies at A C Moore.  Plus you can also try Michaels.  Both of these are excellent craft stores.  And they also sell a good variety of fragrance oils.  You may also want to try Weagmans in their natural section and maybe even a health food store.  Essential oils would work as well.  If none of these stores are in your area, try online and type in candle making supplies in Google search.

3. TheCranberryBarn profile image69
    TheCranberryBarnposted 4 years ago

I make candles and have found Candlewic to be the easiest and most economical place to get wax and wicks.  For scents, I use Chemessence.  They are extremely easy to work with and more affordable than most.  I also use Candlechem for votive molds and a few smaller items.  They all provide great service and quality supplies.  Let me know if you need any other help!

4. profile image61
    nounjbposted 4 years ago

Perhaps the best place for anyone considering this as a hobby would be to collect used candles as your primary source of your initial working stock when gathered during your search for bargains at your local yard, garage or tag sales.

The scented wax will be low cost, with wicking included, and properly shaped containers can be found among the other items available.

5. Spiritwind profile image61
    Spiritwindposted 4 years ago

Your answer is me, I Know have whole accounts for everything. you want it I can get it. When I seen this in my email I went looking for wax, but I will now look for scents. Your favorite perfume, or essential oil  will make good scents.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image90
      oceansnsunsetsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hello Spiritwind!  So great to see this and hear from you.  Thank you for your help and suggestions.  It seems like a great thing to be able to make your own candles.  I would love to do that.  They can be so expensive on their own.