jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How can I start buying art for my home?

1. Erin Trefz profile image84
    Erin Trefzposted 3 years ago

How can I start buying art for my home?

All I know is I like art, but I don't know where to start.  My husband and I really want a nice modern picture of Jesus.

2. ajosh143 profile image60
    ajosh143posted 3 years ago

You can buy it very easily from sites like eBay and Amazon.
    Search modern picture of Jesus on eBay or Amazon.
    I'm sure you will find it.

3. purl3agony profile image97
    purl3agonyposted 3 years ago

There's many places to buy artwork.  There are online websites like esty (www.etsy.com) where artists and designers sell their work, usually at very reasonable prices.  If you search under the category of art, then maybe paintings, type in "Jesus" and there will probably be a good selection of choices.

There are probably also a lot of places to buy art in your community.  Research galleries, art centers, and artists studios around you.  Often art centers and colleges will have student exhibitions and sales where they are selling work.  Sometimes high schools, senior centers, activity centers and churches also host art exhibitions and sales.  Also check local art fairs where artists can set up booths and sell their work.  Art fairs are always a lot of fun to visit, browse, and buy art. 

Good luck!  I hope you find something that you love!!

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 3 years ago

Someone beat me to Etsy -- it really is amazing what you can find on there. There are some truly talented artists on there, and many of them are not yet well-known so the prices are extremely reasonable. Artfire is another good one where you can buy straight from the artists. They're usually very good at full disclosure of whether you're buying a print or the original, and many will do custom work according to your exact desires. My sister has recently turned me on to a number of Etsy artists, so I too am finally starting to find quality pieces for my home and office smile

5. lostohanababy profile image60
    lostohanababyposted 3 years ago

Religious Canvas paintings, either to a nearby shop or gallery or you can find something real  nice online.

6. starstream profile image78
    starstreamposted 3 years ago

First decide what you want to collect.  It could be pottery, oil paintings, weaving, or wood. My first investment was a piece of Roseville Art Pottery.  Perhaps you want to just follow your intuition and begin with a certain piece that captures your imagination.  Consider the colors of your home if you plan to display it there.  You can find many choices at Etsy. My shop at Etsy called Sierramoontreasures has some interesting pieces on display. Just get started and don't be afraid to let yourself enjoy the journey of finding your own special piece of art.

7. Qmarpat profile image69
    Qmarpatposted 2 years ago

You can try the site where I sell my paintings and drawings, Redbubble.com. They have fine painters of all kinds of media and wonderful photographers.

8. profile image57
    angieboyleposted 2 years ago

There are many artists who could help you with the art pieces you want. You can even order for a personalized picture of Jesus at http://www.canvasmyphoto.com/ online and you will get the desired art piece for your home.

working