What is the best office equipment to have to start making gallery quality art pr

1. Sheila Wilson profile image82
    Sheila Wilsonposted 3 years ago

What is the best office equipment to have to start making gallery quality art prints?

I'm an artist working mostly with acrylic paint. I've been working on 11" x 14" canvas boards lately. I would like to be able to scan and print the paintings to make my own art prints. I need a scanner that produces an image of high enough quality to print. I take photos of my work with a good digital camera, but that really fails to capture the details. I have no clue which printer would be suitable for making art prints.

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

I don't know that it's possible to make high quality art prints at home without a significant investment in commercial equipment. I would look into having prints made for you.

Remember that you are trying to translate a work that is dimensional into a media that is flat. You can capture some of the texture of your work with a good camera and the right lighting, or a good large format scanner, but you will always lose some.

3. SheGetsCreative profile image60
    SheGetsCreativeposted 3 years ago

I was just researching this very topic a few days ago for my hub about Digiscraps. What I found was that Epson has a couple of wide format all-in-one printers that may be just what you were looking for.  In particular, the Epson Artisan 1430 can print up to 13x19 prints in Hi Def, and their WF-7610 wide format printer can also scan 11x17 photos, documents or graphics. Both are under $300 and available at Amazon.