jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Lightning: Hide from it or like to watch it happen?

1. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 20 months ago

Lightning: Hide from it or like to watch it happen?

Not too close. I prefer about 20 miles away so I can take images. This photo is like 30-40 miles away because didn't hear the thunder. When it's real close, I'm inside looking out the window.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13149520_f260.jpg

2. Aime F profile image86
    Aime Fposted 20 months ago

When I was a teenager I used to run outside at the first sign of a thunderstorm.  I love love loved being in the thick of it, soaked in rain, thunder shaking my whole body. 

Now I'm a bit more cautious because I have a kid and I feel like frolicking around in lightning doesn't set a fabulous example of safety.  Still absolutely love watching storms, though.

3. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

I used to both love to be out in the lightening as well as watch it at a distance. But the last 3-5 years lightening and thunder scares me a lot. I don't know if our lightening storms have become more intense or whether I have become more sensitive to the lightening and thunder's affects. Once lightening veins in the sky was beautiful to me but now? No...

1. ptosis profile image73
      ptosisposted 20 months agoin reply to this

It has been theorized that air pollution does intensify it, and of course since Climate Change is blamed for everything, that also is attributed to more intense storms.  Perhaps you moved from the North to Florida?

working