How do you feel about storms?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Elizabeth Bowers profile image72
    Elizabeth Bowersposted 9 years ago

How do you feel about storms?

Madison Resare's status got me thinking about storms.  She said she loves them.  I am petrified of them, and it's not just on a superficial, "aahh, a storm" level, it's a deep, physical level - my stomach twists up in knots, my hands shake, my heart pounds - and the physical symptoms usually show up even before the actual fear itself does!  Anyway, just wondering about you all, and if you love, loathe or could care less about storms?

2. Snøwman profile image57
    Snøwmanposted 9 years ago

I enjoy storms. Thunder sounds cool and lightning looks cool. I never feel fear of the weather, even in extreme natural disasters. Although I probably should fear them. I'd probably be that idiot that's recording the storm instead of taking shelter.

3. messi sami profile image56
    messi samiposted 9 years ago

well i love storms they make feel full of life and everytime i see them i just imagine my self at the top of amountain with the sound of the thunder jumpimg from one montain to another i will feel supernatural hhhh it doesnt scare me it maakes me feel so awake that life might end up in amoment amd iam here doin nth

4. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 9 years ago

I absolutely love storms. I used to run outside whenever they started and just go for a walk; I got some of my best and most important thinking done in the middle of a thunderstorm. smile

I find them to be a reminder of how amazing this world is and how lucky I am to be a part of it.

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

I love storms, Elizabeth. I love the sound of a hard rain, I like looking at it through the window or even on the front porch. I'm fascinated by the sound of thunder even though a big one makes me jump. I also like to look at big lightning streaks in the sky. There's something beautifully natural about storms that I just love. I wrote a poem hub about hurricane Irene becoming a tropical storm. So sorry they affect you negatively.

6. Katrina Speights profile image68
    Katrina Speightsposted 9 years ago

I actually considered becoming a storm chaser while I was growing up, and I still think it would be a great job to have. Growing up in tornado alley could have given me a real fear of storms but I enjoy them greatly. In fact, as I write this I hear thunder and see lightning. I'm going to sleep great tonight!

7. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

I love a good storm, Elizabeth -- especially a thunder storm with lots of rain.  My mother was terrified of thunder and big storms, so I understand your feeling about them. There is an old Native American legend about thunder and lightening. Thunder and Lightening were twins and they often had battles in the sky. I will have to look that up to remember the full story.

Loud thunder and the crack of lightening reminds me how powerful Nature is and how little we are in the face of such power.

8. Elizabeth Bowers profile image72
    Elizabeth Bowersposted 9 years ago

I really wish I could enjoy storms.  I live in the Tennessee Valley, and we have bad storms every spring and fall, but I used to not be afraid of them.  For some reason, though, I developed this terrible fear about 12 years ago and it's only gotten worse.

9. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 9 years ago

I have seen many storms and enjoyed some. But a little bit of fear takes over whenever they are too wild. Storms can do much damage to people and property which is not a desirable thing.

10. jlpark profile image80
    jlparkposted 9 years ago

We used to sit inside, with the curtains open, on a dark night and watch them, when I was a child. My mother loves them, so she'd get us all comfy to watch.

My partner is scared of them, particularly at night, so I tend to be the comforter - yay cuddles! When I was pregnant, the wind of storms would make me nervous but we did have a plastic green house that kept being bowled...that might have been it!

I don't mind them, they remind me of my mother, and my grandad - as a child my mother told me thunder was just grandad playing bowls in the sky - and I've never been afraid of it since!

11. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 9 years ago

After two tornadoes near me within 10 days last year, I am scared of the power of storms. Seven children died in a school near me, and that tore everybody apart. This year not one storm came to the area. Maybe God  will give us a little rest. I know the whole country suffered through bad snowstorms this past winter and other phenomena. Climate is changing, and I hope we can adjust to these changes. We have no choice, but we can have hope for the future.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Really they are so wild and powerful that some tragedy will be there at some place or other. Only God can save us from them. We can do nothing but keep faith on Him.

12. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

A little bit of me is insane,  Chasing storms a bit, more so wildlife. The Adventurists feeling is awesome. Calming down with age.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)