Here is a list of things that come to mind when I had to cram for tests at college
1. Really pay attention while studying
2. Involve as many senses as possible -visual, sound, etc.
3. Relate information to what you already know.
4. Organize information well into chunks
5. Rehearse information frequently and write down anything you can’t recall
6. Be motivated and keep a positive attitude. Expect to recall easily
7. “Method of loci”: This is an ancient and effective way of remembering a lot of material. You associate each part of what you have to remember with a landmark in a route you know well, such as your commute to work
I also found meditation helpful to quieten the mind before studying. Relax and be confident when being tested. Before the test visualize the test and see yourself answering all of the questions easily. Good luck!