jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people drive slow in the far left lane on the Interstate?

1. jjritonya profile image57
    jjritonyaposted 8 years ago

Why do people drive slow in the far left lane on the Interstate?

2. Daddy Paul profile image71
    Daddy Paulposted 8 years ago

They have no respect for anyone else.
    These people are self centered and never grew up.

3. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 8 years ago

Maybe they have the speed rules for lanes mixed up.

4. Springboard profile image80
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

I think people who do this simply aren't very familiar with the "rules of the road." I put that term in quotes mainly because there really is not a law that says faster moving traffic belongs, necessarily, in the far left lane. The far left lane IS a passing lane. But it is not a SPEEDING lane. Now, I'm coming at this, mind you, as a guy who rarely follows the speed limit. Under the law, if you are traveling in the far left lane at the speed limit, you are obeying the law. Typically it is the speeder who gets caught up in the far left lane by someone traveling at the speed limit, and thus the person in the far left lane is not driving slow, but driving at speed.

It is a matter of courtesy, however, that if you ARE traveling at speed in the far left lane, and recognize that another vehicle behind also in the far left lane is coming up on you in what is obviously a higher rate of speed, you should change lanes to let the vehicle pass.

Anyway... smile

5. Jay S profile image58
    Jay Sposted 8 years ago

By slow, do you mean at the speed limit or below?  Since most people are going faster than the speed limit, a person going the speed limit is still in the right even if they are in the left lane.

6. Jeffrey Neal profile image79
    Jeffrey Nealposted 8 years ago

They secretly think they are doing everyone a favor by slowing the speeders down.  What they fail to recognize is by failing to allow faster moving traffic to pass, they create ripples and clusters of traffic that cause delays and increase chances of accidents happening.

That and they are self-centered a-holes!

working