jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are we ready for electric cars?

1. NickBizzar profile image59
    NickBizzarposted 7 years ago

Are we ready for electric cars?

I think it's great that we're finding alternatives for fuel, but it seems like the electric cars that are on the market (or very soon to be) aren't very practical. For example, the short distances, the charging time, and the cost.
    Tell me what you think! smile

2. RicardoE profile image70
    RicardoEposted 7 years ago

Electric cars are a fact this days, it is not true that electric cars cant go a long distance nor at low speed, Check out the Nissan leaf, Chevrolet Volt, Smart Fortwo ED, Coda Sedan, Tesla Roadster, Tesla Model S, Fisker Karma... All cars that in regards to design has nothing to wish to fuel cars.

the thing is, there might be some sabotage by the oil companies and so, like the whole rumor that electric cars cant go so far, and are so slow... (they made a parody of this in some simpsons episodie where the electric car ride was patrocinated by the oil company in the park)

3. DeboHubpages profile image57
    DeboHubpagesposted 7 years ago

I think we are especially if the plug converter is sold with the car.
    I think we are only ready for those type of cars that come with the plug converter and or the solar cell cars.
    It will take a few years for plug up stations to come alone then they might start charging people per jewel or per kilowatt lol!

4. lime light power profile image60
    lime light powerposted 6 years ago

Most EV's on the market get at least 100 miles per charge, Tesla gets quite a bit more... which will cover 89% of average American's driving needs.

Actually I wrote a hub about this very topic not too long ago.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Electric-Vehicl … -Explained

working