jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How far can I expect to travel on a set of motorcycle tires on the highway? 1981

1. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 7 years ago

How far can I expect to travel on a set of motorcycle tires on the highway? 1981 Kawasaki KZ 440...

pulling small trailer

2. profile image84
    Transit Camperposted 7 years ago

between 6k and 10k depending on tyre type make and driving style/conditions.  Long highway trips in straight lines tend to wear tyres faster and only in the centre. sweeping bends etc wear the tyre more evenly over the whole surface

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years ago

....depends on the age of the tires as well...the rubber gets old
    ...maintaining them is important...checking tire pressure regularly and understanding what the tire pressure should be for the front and rear depending on the climate you travel through...
    i'm not sure about additional wear and tear when pulling a trailer.

4. tectonic profile image61
    tectonicposted 7 years ago

my guess would be 22,650km.................

5. RobKW profile image69
    RobKWposted 7 years ago

Count on about 5000- 6000 mi. but it depends on the time of year,higher temps= faster wear and the weight of the trailer and contents.  You may get more miles but figure about the 5-6K and plan your trip with that in mind. If your tread gets down there and your still 1000 miles from your destination it may cost you much more to replace the tire on the road, plus think about if it rains. Make sure you check the pressure every morning and set at the psi on the tire. Have fun.

6. profile image45
    brainlara2011posted 6 years ago

Its totally depends on a tyres quality because if there we used a quality materials then we make  a cheap tyres which no longer runs..so for more detail on tyres visit -