jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Anyone else frustrated with the rising gas prices in the US these days?

1. adjkp25 profile image92
    adjkp25posted 6 years ago

Anyone else frustrated with the rising gas prices in the US these days?

With domestic production at a modern day high, and consumption lower than it has been in years, why are gas prices in February already at such highs?  Here in Northern California we are already over $4 a gallon and places in LA have already climbed above $5.

2. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

Yeah. I think that gas is also being made "crappier" as well so that more can be produced.

I often think about what life would be like without having to pay these ridiculous gasoline prices.

3. Ramsa1 profile image62
    Ramsa1posted 6 years ago

The price of oil goes up for many reasons including controlling supply, and other forms of manipulation. At the moment it has risen dramatically because of the US-led sanctions against Iran, and the threat of armed conflict with Iran. Who benefits from the rise in price? The answer is obvious - the oil companies and those who know what they're doing on the stock market. And who pays? The ordinary citizen.

But I'm not frustrated at all. It has happened before and will happen again.

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I don't know about the USA but I'm fed up at the increases in my central heating because gas and electricity prices keep increasing in the UK.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Anyone that drives a car would be.  It is one of those things like toilet paper, no matter how high the price goes, we are forced to buy it.  Very frustrating.

6. sonnynoregon profile image61
    sonnynoregonposted 6 years ago

Prices  are up to $4.00 here in Northern Oregon. I'm frustrated, I'm angry at
    the way the government allows this to happen. I really am thinking electric car.

7. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 5 years ago

Problem is most blame the President and it's out of his hands. Both the right and the left news programs have bipartisan agreement on that though. You can see it by following this link.  http://wonkette.com/465762/fox-news-oba … nlike-bush

working