jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

According to you, wearing helmet prevents bike accidents or not?

1. sujithbeta profile image74
    sujithbetaposted 5 years ago

According to you, wearing helmet prevents bike accidents or not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6306596_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It won't prevent accidents but it may prevent traumatic head injuries. Although as a child in my era there were no helmets, it may be a good idea today. There are a lot of vehicles on the road along with the bikes.

3. profile image53
    perassannaposted 5 years ago

in my point of view most unsafe vehicle in the world is bike. still i love bikes. wearing helmet may not be prevent the accidents but it will help you to avoid head injuries in accidents, and wearing helmet will save your eyes from flies and dust , in one hand this will help to prevent from accidents

4. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I think a helmet like the one in the photo might actually contribute to an accident because it narrows your field of vision and reduces your ability to turn your head freely. No helmet is going to prevent accidents, eye protections is an absolute necessity, but goggles or glasses can accomplish that. Maybe if your head bounces off the road it would be better to have that thing on it.

5. profile image0
    TXSasquatchposted 4 years ago

Will a helmet prevent an accident?  Maybe, but it's a stretch.  I can hear better with a helmet on because it filters out wind noise, and protection from bugs and road debris can help, too.  Still, it's a bit of a long shot to say that it actually prevents accidents.  That said, there is no doubt that wearing a helmet makes surviving an accident without a serious head injury much more likely.  I can't say that I've never ridden without one; however, I can say that it's been a very long time since I rode without one, and I make it my practice never to saddle up without a good one securely strapped to my noggin.

working