jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

As a driving instructor what would you say is the most difficult thing to teach

1. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

As a driving instructor what would you say is the most difficult thing to teach a new driver?

2. Mazed Khan profile image60
    Mazed Khanposted 6 years ago

Hi. It's not always one specific issue. Different pupil have issues with different things. But generally it will be clutch, as it requires lots of cordinational skills. At the sametime some pupil find clutch really easy but find foot brake really hard to get use to.  So I will say clutch controll then brakes. (speed control)

3. actwrite profile image36
    actwriteposted 6 years ago

I am not a driving instructor per say but I have taught a few driviers.
    If the vehicle is a standard transmission, clutch /brake corellation, coupled with gas on/gas off, takes getting accustomed to while keeping the vehicle to follow the lane.
    If automatic transmission. brake/gas on/gas off, while keeping the vehicle in its own lane.
    With regard to keeping the vehicle in its own lane, I teach pupils to corellate a piont on the vehicle (Fender or a point on the wiper blade) a certain distance from the curb or line marking of the lane.

4. Talullah profile image60
    Talullahposted 6 years ago

I would say reading the road ahead properly, looking further ahead than the car in front. Another thing that I think learners do is they'll look in their mirrors because they know they have to, but they need to register what they see, so that they are fully aware of what's going on around them.

5. GmaGoldie profile image77
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I believe the one item that must be conveyed is you are driving with a team of different people on the road.

All too often the self confidence is too high or too low and the global perspective of I am driving not just for me but so that others can drive effectively and safely with me.

This global perspective is what I feel is the foundation of driver education.

working